From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [systemd] Is this a NetworkManager bug?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 22:54:48
1 On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 [ snip ]
3 > Lots of great information, thanks. What I learned while following up
4 > on your hints is that the NM behavior I thought was a bug is merely
5 > a feature ;)
6 >
7 > After boot, but before startx, wlan0 exists but is not properly set
8 > up. After X is running I can use the nm-applet to click on the name
9 > of my wireless network and *then* NM runs dhcpcd to configure wlan0
10 > and set up the routing table. It works, but I need to do that manually
11 > after every boot, not really optimal for my purpose.
12
13 I've seen this behavior before (that you need to manually "enable" the
14 wireless connection), but never on my machines. On my two wireless
15 systems (laptop and desktop), NM enables the connection by default. I
16 don't think I did anything special for this to happen, it just does.
17
18 > I tried Neil's suggestion to use systemd-networkd and it works perfectly
19 > for this (desktop) machine. (BTW enabling systemd-networkd also pulls
20 > in systemd-timesyncd, which works great, just as you said.)
21
22 Good to know.
23
24 Regards.
25 --
26 Canek Peláez Valdés
27 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias