From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] secure programing language?
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 21:33:34
1 So are there currently any languages (currently in use/supported)  designed to avoid the problems with C and other languages?
2
3 Something with strong types and provisions for automatic input validation beyond typing, i.e. range limitation?
4
5 Something that compiles, something that doesn't self optimize (math may be good, but just like encryption the implementation can be flawed/exploitable due to various errors).  Because you can't validate a moving target.
6
7 something that strongly isolates data from code, something that protects the heap and stack aggressively (other than just os implemented mechanisms like stack canaries).
8
9 Any suggestions?  I'm going to be picking up programming again and I'd greatly prefer spending my time using a language that has security built in rather than depend on the application programmer adding protections after the fact.
10
11 I'll still have to learn C as well,  so I can understand/modify existing code but I'd like to be as proactive as possible about security and reliability  in what I write.  And again, something that compiles.  Not specificly looking at writing web apps per say, though i'd also be interested in any well secured/proactive languages for some internet/LAN usage.
12
13 mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
14 --
15 Read, Scream, Fight <https://www.eff.org <https://www.eff.org/>>