From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc (and gcc) build fails: /bin/sh: /var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.17/work/build-x86-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/sunrpc/cross-rpcgen: No such file or directory
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:39:44
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc (and gcc) build fails: /bin/sh: /var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.17/work/build-x86-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/sunrpc/cross-rpcgen: No such file or directory by Sid S
1 It looks like your MAKEOPTS that you set before the command isn't
2 respected; I see 'make -j8' all through the build log, resulting in make
3 trying to run something that's still being built.
4
5 Regardless of whether or not this has been a problem in the past, can
6 you try setting MAKEOPTS in make.conf to either "" or "-j1"?
7
8 Also, I saw a warning that you had an incompatible version of autoconf,
9 which may (who really knows?) cause the parallel build failure.
10
11 Hope this helps,
12
13 Alec