From: Sid S <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc (and gcc) build fails: /bin/sh: /var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.17/work/build-x86-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/sunrpc/cross-rpcgen: No such file or directory
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 02:59:56
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc (and gcc) build fails: /bin/sh: /var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.17/work/build-x86-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/sunrpc/cross-rpcgen: No such file or directory by Alec Ten Harmsel
1 Message delivery has been failing, sorry if this is received twice.
2
3 >Wow, running Steam on Hardened. Seems ambitious.
4
5 Most things work after grsec is clubbed over the head (sadly the only real
6 option in a lot of cases).
7
8 >1. Reply with a list of actions/commands you did that led up to this
9 point
10
11 I untared a file extracted from the Valve-provided .deb to /. I then
12 created the package set and emerged
13 it; it failed while compiling glibc. Something during these steps
14 apparently broke glibc/gcc
15 (with a different error than I am asking about now), so I had to reinstall
16 them from
17 http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org and copy a bunch of headers from the 64 bit
18 directory to a 32 bit one.
19 Now I'm getting this error.
20
21 I think part of it goes back to when I initially extracted the
22 Valve-provided .tar.gz... It seems to have
23 overwritten a lot of files, but I assumed and have been told this is not
24 the default behavior, or even
25 really possible (it would have had to clear pre-existing directories).
26
27 >Do you mean I tried to install @steam and it failed once it got to
28 glibc, or were you running with --keep-going and figured it out in
29 hindsight?
30
31 It failed immediately, I did not use --keep-going.
32
33 >Did you do a deep update before doing all of this?
34
35 Yes.
36
37 >2. Attach the full build log
38
39 It's too long to include in the message body. What is the best way to send
40 it? If you do not mind visiting an external link, here is one:
41 http://bpaste.net/show/488606/.
45 On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>