From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Pasting jacked up for mnths now... like a bugger
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:05:26
1 pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> writes:
2
3 > On 2010-06-06 22:13, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >
5 >> I disagree that we all are accustomed to Cntl-v etc. That is more a
6 >> windows phenomena... long time linux (X) users are more accustomed to
7 >> left mouse highlight... middle mouse paste, I think, at lest I am.
8 >
9 > I'm not alone then... :-D
10 >
11 > About your problem, does pasting work in other apps or terminals? What X
12 > version are you using (i.e. when did your problems start)? Could some
13 > setting in firefox be the problem (I remember needing to set
14 > middlemouse.contentLoadURL to false due to some problem with copy &
15 > paste but it might not be related)?
16
17 Focusing in and tracking experiments, it seems to be a problem mainly
18 related to pasting to/from emacs-24 / firefox-3.6.3.
19
20 But also it appears cmdline (Xterm version 256) to firefox as well
21
22 I don't really use hardly any other apps. Xterm, firefox, emacs, and
23 X, usually several frames of each (except X) and maybe several virtual
24 terminals provided in the X desktop pager. Where I'll have several
25 bunches of xterms and maybe several instances of emacs running.