From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ibiblio dumps Gentoo distfiles to "save space"
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 05:59:53
1 On 12 Feb 2009, at 22:23, Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I promptly emailed back an offer of two new 1,000 gig drives if they
4 > would put
5 > the gentoo distfiles back up and... no answer....
6 >
7 > Guess they really don't care.
8
9 Is distfiles not all stuff that one would normally get from (for
10 example) SourceForge & its mirrors, anyway?
11
12 The docs do seem to clearly indicate that distfiles should be omitted.
13
14 Considering the cost of 1TB SCSI drives your offer was remarkably
15 generous - I will be glad to take these disk off your hands if no-one
16 else will. ;)
17
18 Stroller.