From: Boy Hartsuiker <bm.hartsuiker@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems setting up sshd on an installation kernel
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 21:49:57
1 On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 02:48:36PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote
2 > Hi, folks!
3 >
4 > I'm trying to get sshd working on an embryonic Gentoo installation on my
5 > laptop. The reason is that I want to ssh from my nice comfy desktop
6 > system into this laptop to do the rest of the installation stuff.
7 >
8 > The installation kernel with which I'm having problems is:
9 > Linux livecd 2.6.30-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP Tue Nov 3 11:40:51 UTC 2009.
10 >
11 > Having started sshd on my laptop, when I do
12 >
13 > ssh -lroot 192.168.2.101
14 >
15 > from my desktop, I get prompted for my ssh key's pass phrase, which I
16 > enter. Thereafter, nothing happens, and it continues to happen for a
17 > long, long time.
18
19 I experienced something similar once, because I copied a new fstab over
20 the default installed one. Be sure to have this line in /etc/fstab:
21
22 devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,gid=5,mode=620 0 0