From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting disk image
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 22:31:01
1 On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 00:24:55 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote
2 > On Monday 07 April 2008, pat wrote:
3 >
4 > > Well, yes and no :-( The partition table of the original table has
5 > > crashed, so I've created the ISO image of the disk and now playing
6 > > with it ... but, the original drive is still untouched. So, I should
7 > > play with hard drive directly instead using the dd copy? To partition
8 > > table recovery in the ISO image I've used the testdisk utility.
9 > >
10 > > Any suggestions?
11 >
12 > To be safe I would mount the .iso devices read-only till you are
13 > sure you have found the correct offsets. Only use the original disk
14 > if you really have no other option
15 >
16 > --
17 > Alan McKinnon