From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting disk image
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 22:27:29
1 On Monday 07 April 2008, pat wrote:
2
3 > Well, yes and no :-( The partition table of the original table has
4 > crashed, so I've created the ISO image of the disk and now playing
5 > with it ... but, the original drive is still untouched. So, I should
6 > play with hard drive directly instead using the dd copy? To partition
7 > table recovery in the ISO image I've used the testdisk utility.
8 >
9 > Any suggestions?
10
11 To be safe I would mount the .iso devices read-only till you are sure
12 you have found the correct offsets. Only use the original disk if you
13 really have no other option
18 Alan McKinnon
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list