From: Andrew Frink <andrew.frink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia+Xorg not allowing DRI.
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:29:32
1 On 7/14/06, Korthrun <korthrun@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Heyyas,
4 >
5 > I'm running:
6 > Xorg 7.0-r1
7 > nvidia-kernel 1.0.8762
8 > nvidia-glx 1.0.8762
9 >
10 > I've followed the guide at
11 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nvidia-guide.xml with the following
12 > exceptions. I'm using a kernel.org kernel not a portage kernel, and I
13 > didn't make the "changes" regarding framebuffers because I don't
14 > intend to use one.That whole bit is disabled in my kernel.
15 >
16 > X starts up fine and looks great, I get decent FPS from glxgears.
17 > While following the above guide I get to this point "Code Listing
18 > 2.19: Checking the direct rendering status" and end up with this:
19 >
20 > glxinfo | grep direct
21 > Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
22 > direct rendering: No
23 >
24 > My Xorg.conf follows:
25 > ######Start xorg.conf
26 > Section "ServerLayout"
27 > Identifier "X.org Configured"
28 > Screen 0 "Screen[0]" 0 0
29 > InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
30 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
31 > EndSection
32 >
33 > Section "Files"
34 > RgbPath "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
35 > ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
36 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/misc"
37 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi"
38 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi"
39 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/TTF"
40 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/Type1"
41 > EndSection
42 >
43 > Section "Module"
44 > Load "glx"
45 > Load "extmod"
46 > Load "xtrap"
47 > Load "record"
48 > Load "dbe"
49 > # Load "dri"
50 > Load "freetype"
51 > Load "type1"
52 > EndSection
53 >
54 > Section "InputDevice"
55 > Identifier "Keyboard0"
56 > Driver "kbd"
57 > EndSection
58 >
59 > Section "InputDevice"
60 > Identifier "Mouse0"
61 > Driver "mouse"
62 > Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
63 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
64 > Option "Buttons" "7"
65 > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
66 > EndSection
67 >
68 > Section "Monitor"
69 > Identifier "Monitor[0]"
70 > Option "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
71 > Option "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
72 > Option "DPMS" "true"
73 > HorizSync 30-70
74 > VertRefresh 50-180
75 > EndSection
76 >
77 > Section "Device"
78 > Identifier "Device[0]"
79 > Driver "nvidia"
80 > EndSection
81 >
82 > Section "Screen"
83 > Identifier "Screen[0]"
84 > Device "Device[0]"
85 > Monitor "Monitor[0]"
86 > DefaultDepth 24
87 > SubSection "Display"
88 > Viewport 0 0
89 > Depth 24
90 > Modes "1280x1024"
91 > EndSubSection
92 > EndSection
93 >
94 > Section "DRI"
95 > Group "video"
96 > Mode 0660
97 > EndSection
98 >
99 > ######End xorg.conf
100 >
101 > I've tried it both with and without this last stanza regarding
102 > DRI. I tossed it in there for giggles since I needed it with my ATI
103 > card. One thing I haven't ventured to yet is recompilin xorg. When I
104 > compiled it I did have VIDEO_CARDS set to radeon. Will this effect
105 > xorg working with nvidia cards? What would the proper VIDEO_CARDS
106 > setting be for a geforce 6800?
107 >
108 > Any suggestions/comments are very welcome. Thanks muchly.,
109 >
110 > Korf
111 > --
112 > () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
113 > /\ vCards, and proprietary formats.
114 > --
115 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
116 >
117 > It may have i would sujest trying with VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia" and see.. i'm
118 not sure i haven't moved my box with an nvidia to xorg7
119 cynyr