From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do I really need 194 pkgs to install git?
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 17:06:48
1 On 08/02/2013 09:38 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >> On 08/02/2013 08:22 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> Now, is it reasonable to install that way? Will I run into some
7 >>> horrible unsightly mess using git, when installed this way.
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> Without USE=perl, you'll get a surprise if you try to `git add -i`.
11 >
12 > Well, I do have perl installed so if its just a matter of having perl
13 > available then wouldn't it still work?
16 USE=perl pulls in some perl packages that (ostensibly) `git add -i` uses
17 to do its thing. It's possible that /if/ you happened to have those
18 packages installed anyway, `git add -i` would pick them up at runtime
19 and work. But if you have them installed anyway, why worry about the USE
20 flag?