From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Online hosting recommendation - VMs?
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 22:00:34
1 > On 26 Mar 2017, at 03:57, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > In the next few weeks I need to move my email server (a very old Gentoo installation) from the closet in my home, into the cloud so that I can go travelling and access my mail from anywhere.
4
5 A few months ago I asked for hosting recommendations, and was surprised not to receive any mention of Amazon's cloud services.
6
7 I thought reason might be that Amazon's cloud servers are different from a regular VM, but today saw someone on the Postfix list state that they're running it on an AWS instance.
8
9 Has anyone tried running Gentoo on AWS or did this go unmentioned because it's impossible?
10
11 Stroller.