From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Official document for stabilization policy/guideline
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:31:07
1 On 01/03/10 16:39, Lie Ryan wrote:
2 > I've found a few people referencing to a "30-day stabilization policy"
3 > which basically says a package must be at least 30-days-old to be
4 > considered for stabilization, but is there any document that serves as
5 > an official guideline/checklist on how to consider to stabilize a
6 > package? Is the 30-day policy the only policy?
7 >
8 > I've been running several ~arch-ed packages that appears to be compile
9 > and runs fine on my machine and would like to vote them for
10 > stabilization. Is it enough to just open a bug issue and pray that the
11 > arch manager would notice?
14 You might be interested in those two things too
17 http://phajdan-jr.blogspot.com/2010/03/stabilizing-package-is-serious-thing.html
18
19 http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-dev@l.g.o/msg36433.html