From: ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choppy video playback
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:55:45
1 On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:28:35 +0900
2 "Mike Mazur" <mmazur@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > On Jan 27, 2008 9:55 PM, ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > True as that is, is think it's kind a of the point. I have been
8 > > using mplayer to see movies since k7-2(I think it as a k7-2 don't
9 > > remember for sure). I've seldom got the error about CPU being to
10 > > slow and always it was another reason for mplayer not being able to
11 > > play it. I would rather say you should look in mplayer -vo help and
12 > > try different drivers until you get the one it suites you. If you
13 > > have a 3d card choose gl or gl2, if not xv. Also please check that
14 > > you have setup preperly the graphics card.
15 >
16 > Ah yes you reminded me that I wanted to include my mplayer settings in
17 > my original email. My /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf contains:
18 >
19 > vo=gl2
20 > monitoraspect=16:10
21 > mixer = hw:0
22 > fontconfig=1
23 > subfont-osd-scale=4
24 > subfont-text-scale=3
25 >
26 > I have an nVidia graphics card in my laptop:
27 >
28 > # lspci | grep -i nvidia
29 > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce Go 7700
30 > (rev a1)
31 >
32 > I set it up by basically installing x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers,
33 > currently I'm at version 100.14.19.
34 <snip>
35 I to am using the same version of it and using vo=gl2 on mplayer gets
36 me a choppy playback. But vo=gl or xv works fine for me.
37 --
38 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list