From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QEMU unable to initialize audio
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 14:09:47
1 On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 04:10:40AM +0000, Ian Bloss wrote
2 > I was saying the libsdl packages have a USE flag "sound" which builds the
3 > sound module for sdl. So if qemu makes any calls to the sound module not
4 > pure alsa calls, that might be causing your issue.
5 >
6 > Wabes USE flag output shows he's building sdl with the "sound" use flag
7 > enabled and not just alsa alone.
8
9 "sound" is a default USE flag for libalsa and libalsa2. I.e. "+sound"
10 in IUSE in the ebuilds. It shows up in the emerge, and both libsdl's
11 had it. Apparently QEMU prefers libsdl2 over libsdl when both USE flags
12 are set. I removed the "sdl2" flag from qemu, and re-emerged qemu. I
13 no longer get the error message, apparently because the libsdl version
14 that qemu now uses does have "alsa" enabled.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications