From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting USB without root password
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 21:01:20
1 On 1/29/21 10:40 AM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 1/29/21 10:12 AM, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 2021-01-29 at 17:06 +0000, Michael wrote:
4 >>> what XFCE offers for mounting removable block devices and if
5 >>> something is amiss with that.
6 >>
7 >> Thelma,
8 >>
9 >> I use XFCE as well. I think (its been years since I set it up) what
10 >> you want is xfce-extra/thunar-volman to provide a "GUI file manager"
11 >> type of click-to-mount-a-device interface.
12 >
13 > Thank you for correcting me. I reverse the setting in sudoers.
14 >
15 > I had the sys-fs/udisks and xfce-extra/thunar-volman installed so I enable in XFCE under:
16 > - Removable Drivers and Media: --> Mount removable drives when hot-plugged.
17 >
18 > It solved the problem.
19
20 I'll revive this topic. I have it working on one of my system but on my other (new system as well) auto-mounting in XFCE4 is not working,
21 I have in n XFCE under:
22 - Removable Drivers and Media: --> Mount removable drives when hot-plugged (checked)
23
24 user is in "wheel, usb" group.
25
26 When I plug the usb device the XFCE is trying to auto-mount the usb as the message is popping up but it keeps telling me: Authentication is required for mounting external /dev/sda1
27
28 Why it worked on one system but not on another?
29 What is missing?