From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting USB without root password
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 21:34:40
1 On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 14:00:54 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I'll revive this topic. I have it working on one of my system but on my
4 > other (new system as well) auto-mounting in XFCE4 is not working, I
5 > have in n XFCE under:
6 > - Removable Drivers and Media: --> Mount removable drives when
7 > hot-plugged (checked)
8 >
9 > user is in "wheel, usb" group.
10 >
11 > When I plug the usb device the XFCE is trying to auto-mount the usb as
12 > the message is popping up but it keeps telling me: Authentication is
13 > required for mounting external /dev/sda1
14 >
15 > Why it worked on one system but not on another?
16
17 Check the groups of the user on both systems. Automounters often require
18 the user to be a member of the plugdev group.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 There's too much blood in my caffeine system.