From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting USB without root password
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 22:13:06
1 On 2/6/21 2:34 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 14:00:54 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'll revive this topic. I have it working on one of my system but on my
5 >> other (new system as well) auto-mounting in XFCE4 is not working, I
6 >> have in n XFCE under:
7 >> - Removable Drivers and Media: --> Mount removable drives when
8 >> hot-plugged (checked)
9 >>
10 >> user is in "wheel, usb" group.
11 >>
12 >> When I plug the usb device the XFCE is trying to auto-mount the usb as
13 >> the message is popping up but it keeps telling me: Authentication is
14 >> required for mounting external /dev/sda1
15 >>
16 >> Why it worked on one system but not on another?
17 >
18 > Check the groups of the user on both systems. Automounters often require
19 > the user to be a member of the plugdev group.
20
21 It is working now. I login (crated XFCE) session via x2go and I think one need to first log-in as user, and make any changes in XFCE interface; and now loging via x2to session will work using XFCE auto-mounting.