From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VPN?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 04:37:54
1 On 8/27/05, David Miller <david3d@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I've been having alot of luck with openvpn it's ssl based rather than
4 > ipsec. I have found it to be easier to setup and less confusing and
5 > it has clients for various platforms including windows...which is not
6 > always the easiest platform to use IPSEC with unless you go with a
7 > commercial client. You will need to setup a certificate authority and
8 > understand the basics of openssl the rest is pretty simple. It even
9 > works behind a NAT router or firewall. If the vpn connection is lost
10 > it will re-establish it's connection automatically once it's routable
11 > again. This works for both dynamic ip clients and even the server as
12 > long as you're using some sort of deamon to update dyndns info.
15 Are there any security trade-offs with SSL as opposed to IPSEC?
16