From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros chip with airodump-ng
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:36:36
1 2008/11/13 Simon <turner25@×××××.com>:
2 >> Airodump-ng shows an empty table.
3
4 > I discussed some time ago with some folks at madwifi and... the answer was
5 > basically that they need help. The drivers are far from being alright,
6 > there are obvious issues that still needs to be addressed... the
7 > creation/destruction of interface wasn't working very well (this is like 3
8 > months ago).
9
10 Still the case with mine. Development of madwifi-ng has now
11 slowed/stopped I believe.
12
13 > The conclusion was to move on to ath5k, the newer drivers for atheros
14 > wireless cards, I was told madwifi was to be obsolete soon. Also, kernel
15 > 2.6.27 (iirc) includes ath5k.
16
17 Yes, I've been thinking that I should now install the athk5, but I
18 wasn't sure if this is would perform better or worse than the
19 madwifi-ng drivers. It seems like I should give it a spin.
20
21 Thanks!
22 --
23 Regards,