From: Simon <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros chip with airodump-ng
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 00:32:44
1 > Airodump-ng shows an empty table.
2
3 I've seen the empty results also... The problem seems to be intermittent. But
4 the location seems to be in relationship to the problem also; At home, I got
5 blank results once out of a hundred scans I done... at my friend's place, I got
6 only blank results out of a few scans. My guess is something is confusing the
7 atheros drivers (madwifi).
8
9 I discussed some time ago with some folks at madwifi and... the answer was
10 basically that they need help. The drivers are far from being alright, there
11 are obvious issues that still needs to be addressed... the creation/destruction
12 of interface wasn't working very well (this is like 3 months ago).
13
14 The conclusion was to move on to ath5k, the newer drivers for atheros wireless
15 cards, I was told madwifi was to be obsolete soon. Also, kernel 2.6.27 (iirc)
16 includes ath5k.
17
18 Good luck!