From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros chip with airodump-ng
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 13:15:04
1 2008/11/7 Fred Elno <raptor@××××××××.fr>:
2
3 > Then if I want to shootdown kis0, I will use airmon-ng like this:
4 >
5 > $ airmon-ng stop kis0
6 >
7 > And kis0 will be destroyed.
8 > So I think you can destroy any child of wifi0 by doing this with airmon-ng
9
10 The problem is that if I try to destroy the original logical interface
11 ath0 the physical interface is shutdown too. /etc/init.d/net.ath0
12 status shows that the interface is stopped.
13
14 > For enabling monitor mode I do like you:
15 >
16 > $ airmon-ng start wifi0
17 >
18 > It will create a new child of wifi0, ath1 in my case.
19 > Then starting 'airodump-ng ath1' will let me capture packet coming on ath1, if of course any AP are active in my
20 > neighbourhood
21
22 Unlike you I cannot get it to work. It will not capture anything.
23 Airodump-ng shows an empty table.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick