From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: old farts slum_code enforcement
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:27:36
1 On 15/09/2014 13:02, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am 15.09.2014 um 10:31 schrieb the:
3 >> On 09/15/14 02:21, James wrote:
4 >>> Howz your Fortan 90? I did not even know there was such an ugly
5 >>> beast [4]. I thought Fortran was outlawed decades ago.
6 >>
7 >> Outlawed. I love how this word is used in the same sentence
8 >> with "fortran".
11 > what is wrong with fortran?
12 >
13 >>> I guess nothing ever dies. Physicists have to have a language to
14 >>> themselves.
15 >>
16 >> Unfortunately. First of all technically they are programers.
17 >> It looks like this kind of programmers have a hard time
18 >> learning another programming language.
19 >> Second, major generation/simulation packages are
20 >> moving on to c++.
21 >
22 > and that is better why?
25 >> http://home.thep.lu.se/~torbjorn/Pythia.html
26 >> http://www.geant4.org/geant4/
27 >>
28 >>> Anyway, my_python is comming along...... (pist, don't tell anyone,
29 >>> but I almost, (almost) like python).
30 >>
31 >> What about Perl?
34 > it is not a language. It is evil incarnated.
37 Perl is an experiment in brain<->cpu mapping.
38
39 Depending on your POV it has either wildly succeeded beyond all
40 expectations, or is an abysmal failure
43 "More than one way to do it". Ugh.
44
45 But, there is one very beautiful thing in perl, it's the "unless" keyword
50 Alan McKinnon
51 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com