From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: old farts slum_code enforcement
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:02:50
1 Am 15.09.2014 um 10:31 schrieb the:
2 > On 09/15/14 02:21, James wrote:
3 > > Howz your Fortan 90? I did not even know there was such an ugly
4 > > beast [4]. I thought Fortran was outlawed decades ago.
5 >
6 > Outlawed. I love how this word is used in the same sentence
7 > with "fortran".
10 what is wrong with fortran?
11
12 > > I guess nothing ever dies. Physicists have to have a language to
13 > > themselves.
14 >
15 > Unfortunately. First of all technically they are programers.
16 > It looks like this kind of programmers have a hard time
17 > learning another programming language.
18 > Second, major generation/simulation packages are
19 > moving on to c++.
20
21 and that is better why?
24 > http://home.thep.lu.se/~torbjorn/Pythia.html
25 > http://www.geant4.org/geant4/
26 >
27 > > Anyway, my_python is comming along...... (pist, don't tell anyone,
28 > > but I almost, (almost) like python).
29 >
30 > What about Perl?
33 it is not a language. It is evil incarnated.