From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: old farts slum_code enforcement
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:37:01
1 On Monday 15 September 2014 13:02:01 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am 15.09.2014 um 10:31 schrieb the:
3 > > Outlawed. I love how this word is used in the same sentence
4 > > with "fortran".
5 >
6 > what is wrong with fortran?
7
8 Nothing. Especially if you still have an 80-hole card punch and reader lying
9 around :-)
10
11 > > Second, major generation/simulation packages are
12 > > moving on to c++.
13 >
14 > and that is better why?
15
16 Has your career not shown you that newer is /always/ better? I used forever to
17 have young Turks proposing new ways of doing things, and I'd ask why change?
18 What will be better? Not once did I get a good answer - but the "improvement"
19 was always made anyway and called a "modernisation".
20
21 > > What about Perl?
22 >
23 > it is not a language. It is evil incarnated.
24
25 Or if it were to be called a language, it would be a write-only language.
28 Regards
29 Peter