From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VB - login from one Windows XP to another XP
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 06:06:51
1 2014-10-06 23:17 GMT-06:00 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>:
2 > On 10/06/14 21:22, Jc García wrote:
3 >>
4 >> 2014-10-06 19:52 GMT-06:00 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>:
5 >>>
6 >>> I'm running Windows XP in VirtualBox.
7 >>> I can NX to the running VB - Windows XP as (shadow or new) session.
8 >>> But that doesn't help me.
9 >>> Via "Shadow session" I would disturb the current user if I try to start
10 >>> another program.
11 >>> Via "New" session I can not see Windows XP session as it is running.
12 >>>
13 >>> So I think I have to start VB - Windows XP on my box and try to login to
14 >>> another (remote) VB - Windows XP Is it possible?.
15 >>>
16 >>> The user is running certain program, that uses database. I'm trying to
17 >>> login to the remote Windows XP session and start the same program as an
18 >>> administrator (that uses that same database).
19 >>>
20 >>> How to log-in from one windows XP to another over the network?
21 >>>
22 >>
23 >> You search in google and do a ton of clicks, this is so OT. and there
24 >> are many answers out here, even the unix-style one works.
27 > Windows XP has a build in Remote Desktop but:
28 > http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Windows-XP%27s-Built-in-Remote-Desktop-Utility
29 >
30 > But I think it only works on the same subnet.
31 >
32 'even the unix-style one works' seems you didn't get the hint:
33 SSH, just install a server on the VM.
34 > --
35 > Joseph
36 >