From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] zcache + frontswap + cleancache: Am I missing something?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 17:52:35
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > I'm wondering about the usage of frontswap and cleancache. Now that all
5 > pieces are in place in kernel-3.5, is it actually used?
6 >
7 > I've found references to cleancache and frontswap in several source
8 > files of the kernel (ext4, swapfile, page_io, ...).
9 > /sys/kernel/mm/zcache is also present but seems to indicate no usage at
10 > all. Content attached below.
11
12 It might be that you have enabled some of these options as loadable
13 modules: CONFIG_ZCACHE, CONFIG_CLEANCACHE and CONFIG_FRONTSWAP. If so,
14 build them directly into the kernel image instead.
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 --Kerin