From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] zcache + frontswap + cleancache: Am I missing something?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:28:40
1 Am 19.11.2012 18:51, schrieb Kerin Millar:
2 > Florian Philipp wrote:
3 >> Hi list!
4 >>
5 >> I'm wondering about the usage of frontswap and cleancache. Now that all
6 >> pieces are in place in kernel-3.5, is it actually used?
7 >>
8 >> I've found references to cleancache and frontswap in several source
9 >> files of the kernel (ext4, swapfile, page_io, ...).
10 >> /sys/kernel/mm/zcache is also present but seems to indicate no usage at
11 >> all. Content attached below.
12 >
13 > It might be that you have enabled some of these options as loadable
14 > modules: CONFIG_ZCACHE, CONFIG_CLEANCACHE and CONFIG_FRONTSWAP. If so,
15 > build them directly into the kernel image instead.
16 >
17 > Cheers,
18 >
19 > --Kerin
22 You cannot build these as modules. Anyway, I'm recompiling right now
23 with debugfs and configfs. Let's see if that tells me anything.
24
25 Regards,
26 Florian Philipp