From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 13:37:59
1 On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 05:06:32 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > That's why I fixed the new way to be closer to what I am used to. I
4 > added --oneshot to my make.conf. When I really need to add something
5 > to world, I just use --select y -nav. To me, that is a lot of extra
6 > steps to be "consistent".
7
8 You are trying to be "consistent" with your memory of how things used
9 to work (which is flawed, oneshot has been around a lot longer than you
10 think). Zac is looking for self-consistency.
11
12 Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where there is no overriding
13 argument in favour of one way or the other, prejudice and inertia play
14 more of a part than logic for most people.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Whats the difference between a magician and a brothel?
21 One has a cunning array of stunts,