From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is equery depends still viable
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:54:08
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Daniel Pielmeier<daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> writes:
3
4 >> emerge -pv --depclean atom
5 >
6 > I realize cryptic answers are the ultimate in cleverness and show
7 > massive sophistication but how is this used to show dependencies to
8 > some specific package.
9 >
10 > Maybe a little more detail would keep my little pea brain from smoking
11 > under the load ;)
14 I realise when you've been debugging for a while you're brain may get a
15 bit frazzled, but if you looked at `man emerge` you would find the answer.
16
17 In sympathy, here are the relevant parts:
18
19 SYNOPSIS
20 emerge [options] [action] [ebuild | tbz2file | file | @set | atom]
21 ...
22 atom An atom describes bounds on a package that you wish to install.
23 See portage(5) for the details on atom syntax. For example,
24 >=dev-lang/python-2.2.1-r2
25 ...
26
27 --depclean
28 ---
29 Use --depclean together with
30 --verbose to show reverse dependencies.
31
32 Now, I have to leave you with something to do to find the _exact_ syntax
33 in your situation :)
38 A Smith & Wesson beats four aces.