From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is equery depends still viable
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:07:02
1 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 >>>> With recent changes in portage in the last few mnths, is equery in
4 >>>> general and `equery depends' in particular still reliable?
5 >>> I use it fairly often still, but do notice I get a lot of null
6 >>> output. So I no longer trust it fully. At least it doesn't give
7 >>> false positives - what's in the putput really is a valid depend.
8 >>
9 >> Do you know off hand if there are any alternatives?
14 > emerge -pv --depclean atom
15
16 I realize cryptic answers are the ultimate in cleverness and show
17 massive sophistication but how is this used to show dependencies to
18 some specific package.
19
20 Maybe a little more detail would keep my little pea brain from smoking
21 under the load ;)