From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is equery depends still viable
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:52:13
1 2008/11/13 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>:
2 > Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> writes:
3 >>
4 >> emerge -pv --depclean atom
5 >
6 > I realize cryptic answers are the ultimate in cleverness and show
7 > massive sophistication but how is this used to show dependencies to
8 > some specific package.
9 >
10 > Maybe a little more detail would keep my little pea brain from smoking
11 > under the load ;)
14 What is the cryptic part here? The answer tells you anything you need
15 to know. Plus reading some documentation if you don't understand some
16 bits is always useful. And if you are frightened of depclean you
17 should at least know what -p means so this wont damage anything.
18
19 Regarding udept, I would really like the idea if someone ore the
20 original maintainer starts continuing this excellent tool. For now it
21 works quite reliable but being unmaintained I fear it will get more
22 and more unusable.
25 Regards,
26 Daniel