From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is equery depends still viable
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 05:47:43
1 On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:06 AM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >>>>> With recent changes in portage in the last few mnths, is equery in
5 >>>>> general and `equery depends' in particular still reliable?
6 >>>> I use it fairly often still, but do notice I get a lot of null
7 >>>> output. So I no longer trust it fully. At least it doesn't give
8 >>>> false positives - what's in the putput really is a valid depend.
9 >>>
10 >>> Do you know off hand if there are any alternatives?
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> emerge -pv --depclean atom
16 >
17 > I realize cryptic answers are the ultimate in cleverness and show
18 > massive sophistication but how is this used to show dependencies to
19 > some specific package.
20 >
21 > Maybe a little more detail would keep my little pea brain from smoking
22 > under the load ;)
23 Why did you not simply try, you lazy fat SUV owner?
24 Here, I'll do it for you. But I imagine if this will not spoil you even more.
25
26 $ emerge -pv --depc ffmpeg
27
28 Calculating dependencies ... done!
29
30 media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20080326 pulled in by:
31 media-sound/sox-14.2.0
32 media-video/ffmpeg2theora-0.22
33 net-libs/opal-2.2.11
34 net-www/gnash-0.8.4
35
36 >>> No packages selected for removal by depclean
37 Packages installed: 577
38 Packages in world: 134
39 Packages in system: 50
40 Unique package names: 577
41 Required packages: 575
42 Number to remove: 0
45 Software is like sex: it is better when it is free - Linus Torvalds