From: "Francesco R." <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL 4.1 upgrade questions
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:52:49
1 Alle 19:39, martedì 25 ottobre 2005, Grant ha scritto:
2 > Hello, I'm upgrading my server from mysql 4.0 to 4.1 by following the
3 > instructions here:
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/mysql-upgrading.xml
6 >
7 > I noticed this piece of instruction:
8 >
9 > emerge --config =mysql-4.1.<micro_version>
10 >
11 > What does that do? From what I remember, I need to password the
12 > grant table and create a new table for my data with the proper name,
13 > username, and password. Does that sounds right? Does the emerge
14 > --config command take you through any of that or do I need to figure
15 > out (remember) how to do it manually?
16
17 In it's older (and deprecated) form was "ebuild path/name.ebuild
18 config" .
19
20 Basically it run the pkg_config() function inside the ebuild itself.
21
22 Specifically MySQL pkg_config() actions are the following:
23 - check that no mysql server are running on the box or die
24 - check that datadir (/var/lib/mysql) is empty or die
25 - ask for a password
26 - install the databases (mysql & test)
27 - fill the help tables for command line client
28 - fill the timezone tables
29 - set the _mysql_ root password
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list