From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fbsplash problem !!!
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:28:35
1 Hi, I am using kernel 2.6.12-r4 ans splashutils 1.1.9.7, I had tried
2 emergence and livecd-2005.0 themes and none had worked :(
3
4 On 7/17/05, Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> wrote:
5 > Allan Spagnol Comar schreef:
6 > > Hi all, Ie been looking at thee gentoo wiki and internet to find out
7 > > what my problem is but can't find it any where.
8 > >
9 > > I installed splash_utils and make the right kernel options and when I
10 > > try to run splash_util -c on I got this error message
11 > > FBIOSPLASH_SETSTATE failed, error code 22. Does someone have a clue of
12 > > what this could be ?
13 > >
14 > > Thank you all, Allan
17 > I've seen the same or similar error to this-- but only when the
18 > following conditions are met:
19 >
20 > 1) When using the livecd-2005.0 theme (I've installed the livecd-2005.1
21 > theme, but haven't tried it yet)
22 >
23 > 2) in verbose mode (in silent mode, I get a kernel panic).
24 >
25 > The cause seems to be that the livecd-2005.0 theme is not complete (no
26 > 8bpp images), and while I could probably convert copies of the existing
27 > images to 8bpp so that the config would find the images it's looking
28 > for, I really can't be bothered to do so atm.
29 >
30 > Emergence works fine (mostly; slight graphical corruption, possibly due
31 > to my ATI card) in both silent and verbose modes. Too bad I don't really
32 > like Emergence, but at least it has a matching GDM theme-- which is more
33 > than can be said for the livecd themes-- so my boot process has at least
34 > a consistent look (if not one I'm most fond of).
35 >
36 > What version of splashutils, and kernel are you using, and what splash
37 > theme?
38 >
39 > HTH,
40 >