From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fbsplash problem !!!
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:21:24
1 Allan Spagnol Comar schreef:
2 > Hi all, Ie been looking at thee gentoo wiki and internet to find out
3 > what my problem is but can't find it any where.
4 >
5 > I installed splash_utils and make the right kernel options and when I
6 > try to run splash_util -c on I got this error message
7 > FBIOSPLASH_SETSTATE failed, error code 22. Does someone have a clue of
8 > what this could be ?
9 >
10 > Thank you all, Allan
13 I've seen the same or similar error to this-- but only when the
14 following conditions are met:
15
16 1) When using the livecd-2005.0 theme (I've installed the livecd-2005.1
17 theme, but haven't tried it yet)
18
19 2) in verbose mode (in silent mode, I get a kernel panic).
20
21 The cause seems to be that the livecd-2005.0 theme is not complete (no
22 8bpp images), and while I could probably convert copies of the existing
23 images to 8bpp so that the config would find the images it's looking
24 for, I really can't be bothered to do so atm.
25
26 Emergence works fine (mostly; slight graphical corruption, possibly due
27 to my ATI card) in both silent and verbose modes. Too bad I don't really
28 like Emergence, but at least it has a matching GDM theme-- which is more
29 than can be said for the livecd themes-- so my boot process has at least
30 a consistent look (if not one I'm most fond of).
31
32 What version of splashutils, and kernel are you using, and what splash
33 theme?
34
35 HTH,
36