From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to do with /var/run?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 06:47:20
1 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >I received the following ELOG message after an emerge:
4 >
5 > * One or more symlinks to directories have been preserved in order to
6 >* ensure that files installed via these symlinks remain accessible.
7 >This
8 >* indicates that the mentioned symlink(s) may be obsolete remnants of
9 >an
10 >* old install, and it may be appropriate to replace a given symlink
11 >with
12 > * the directory that it points to.
13 > *
14 > * /var/run
15 >
16 >Should I change anything?
17 >
18 >- Grant
19
20 If you do "shorewall safe-restart" (not using the init-script) you see logging on the screen.
23 Joost Roeleveld
24 --
25 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.