From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to do with /var/run?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 07:04:29
1 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 >Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >>I received the following ELOG message after an emerge:
6 >>
7 >> * One or more symlinks to directories have been preserved in order to
8 >>* ensure that files installed via these symlinks remain accessible.
9 >>This
10 >>* indicates that the mentioned symlink(s) may be obsolete remnants of
11 >>an
12 >>* old install, and it may be appropriate to replace a given symlink
13 >>with
14 >> * the directory that it points to.
15 >> *
16 >> * /var/run
17 >>
18 >>Should I change anything?
19 >>
20 >>- Grant
21 >
22 >If you do "shorewall safe-restart" (not using the init-script) you see
23 >logging on the screen.
24 >
25 >--
26 >Joost Roeleveld
27
28 Oops...
29 Replied on wrong thread. This was meant for the shorewall one.
30
31 I blame the mail client on the phone...
32 --
33 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.