From: Matthias Riesterer <lists@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] perl update
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:35:09
1 On Monday 16 January 2006 11:48, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > > Is it possible to increase the verbosity of the emerge.log,
3 > > specifically I am intersted in capturing any "messages" that occour
4 > > during an emerge world, for example if 10 packages get updated and one
5 > > of them was python then I would need to run python-updater But if that
6 > > occurred during a long list of packages I would not see that message
7 > > unless it happened to be the last on the list,
8 >
9 > This is already possible with portage-2.1_pre3-r1. You can have the elog,
10 > ewarn, einfo etc. message saved to a file, mailed to you or passed to a
11 > custom program. See the PORTAGE_ELOG* settings in /etc/make.conf.example.
12
13 As long as portage-2.1_pre3-r1 is unstable you can use the portlog-info script
14 to retrieve these informations. For example
15 # portlog-info -s 1h -i
16 prints out the einfos of the last hour.
17 See
18 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Portage_utilities_not_in_portage#Informational_Utilities
19 for further information.
20 --