From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Lable Printer for gLabels
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 17:43:22
1 On 05/10/14 16:57, James wrote:
2 >Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> Does anybody know if there is any label printer that will work with "gLabels"
8 >It's been a while since I used stick-on labels. But we use to by
9 >letter sized papers, covered on one side with stick-on labels all
10 >of the same size. We mostly put mailing address on each label. We
11 >used an hp printer and the particular sheets we used where coded,
12 >with I believe was a 4 digit number, as I think "avery" and others make
13 >litterally thousands of choices for these sheets (at least they use to).
14 >The open source software could recognize the sheet template number and the
15 >software did the rest.
16 >
17 >Sorry I could not be more specific, but it was an all open source solution.
18 >The trick was to match the sheet template number to the correct
19 >software setting, much like what you do with cups hplip......
20 >
21 >It was a over a decade ago, so I'm quite certain those solutions
22 >have just morphed into one of the currently maintained sofware
23 >packages. Sorry I could not be more specific. Perhaps someone else will
24 >chime in.....
27 >hth,
28 >James
29
30 I just ordered Seiko SLP 650, apparently it support Linux.
31 It has Linux CUPS Driver
32 http://labelprinters.sii-thermalprinters.com/t/Support%20Software%20and%20Driver%20Downloads
35 Joseph