From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Lable Printer for gLabels
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 17:56:23
1 Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > On 05/10/14 16:57, James wrote:
6 > >Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
7 > >
8 > >>
9 > >> Does anybody know if there is any label printer that will work with
10 "gLabels"
11 > >>
12 > >
13 > >It's been a while since I used stick-on labels. But we use to by
14 > >letter sized papers, covered on one side with stick-on labels all
15 > >of the same size. We mostly put mailing address on each label. We
16 > >used an hp printer and the particular sheets we used where coded,
17 > >with I believe was a 4 digit number, as I think "avery" and others make
18 > >litterally thousands of choices for these sheets (at least they use to).
19 > >The open source software could recognize the sheet template number and the
20 > >software did the rest.
21
22 For an example:
23
24 http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol875.htm
25
26 This approach allows you to use any laser/injet printer.
27 You have to match the form numbers up between the sheet
28 of paper and the printer software, as they define the number
29 and geometry of the lables to the printer.
30
31 What you are going to do is ok for small volume. But your per label
32 printing costs will be significately higher than using standard
33 label forms, imho.
38 > I just ordered Seiko SLP 650, apparently it support Linux.
39 > It has Linux CUPS Driver
40 >
41 http://labelprinters.sii-thermalprinters.com/t/Support%20Software%20and%20Driver%20Downloads
44 If you have lots of lables to print, having more than one machine
45 is not a bad idea anyway....
46
47 goodluck,
48 James