From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge messages.
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:13:40
1 On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 06:09:02PM +0200, Rhywek wrote:
2 > Hi, *
3 >
4 > Did you ever wonder how to see the emerge messages after emerge has
5 > completed its tasks? During emerge/update of most packages there are
6 > some messages displayed that should not be missed. But sitting in front
7 > of the console for 40 hours (well, usually less) is not a nice solution.
8 >
9 > My question is: is portage saving those messages somewhere? I have the
10 > feeling that I miss some important things all the time, because
11 > sometimes I manage to read some of the messages and they seem VERY
12 > important (e.g. additional steps one needs to take after emerging).
15 edit /etc/make.conf
16
17 uncomment the line that reads
18 PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage
19 That's where all the logs will go. Just read through them at your
20 pleasure. Often there will be multiple files created for each
21 compile, I have a hunch that there's one for pre_inst, one for inst,
22 and one for post_inst. Anyhow the important messages almost always
23 show up in the last file.
24
25 W
26
27 > Dumping all the emerge output to file and searching for the messages
28 > does not seem promising too... Also checking which packages were updated
29 > and browsing theirs ebuilds is not very elegant.
30 >
31 > If you have some interesting solution, please share.
32 >
33 > Greetings,
34 > Rhywek.
37 > --
38 >
39 > W?ochy i Pary? - przewodniki turystyczne do wyboru. Tylko z lipcowym numerem miesi?cznika Auto+.
40 >
41 > http://www.a-plus.pl
42 > --
43 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
46 "Dad buried in landslide! Jubilant throngs fill streets! Stunned father
47 inconsolable - demands recount!" -- Calvin
48 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 4 days, 16:35
49 --
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list