From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] dm-crypt + ext4 = where will the journal go?
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 19:49:36
1 On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM, "Roland Häder" <r.haeder@×××.de> wrote:
2 >> 1. Maybe it would be a good idea to use an ASCII-only random string, for
3 >> example by piping it through `base64 -w 0`. That way you don't loose any
4 >> entropy (the key just gets longer) but it is easier to type the keyfile
5 >> manually, in case you ever need to. You also don't have to worry about
6 >> odd behavior of password prompts anymore.
7 > I think that is now to late for? I have already formated it and added ext4 on it plus installed some packages already (was a long way).
10 >> 2. You should `shred` key.out instead of `rm`.
11 > That key file was on RAM disk, not on real. ;)
12
13 So shred your swap partition. :P
17 :wq