From: "Roland Häder" <r.haeder@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Aw: Re: [gentoo-user] dm-crypt + ext4 = where will the journal go?
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 19:42:47
1 > 1. Maybe it would be a good idea to use an ASCII-only random string, for
2 > example by piping it through `base64 -w 0`. That way you don't loose any
3 > entropy (the key just gets longer) but it is easier to type the keyfile
4 > manually, in case you ever need to. You also don't have to worry about
5 > odd behavior of password prompts anymore.
6 I think that is now to late for? I have already formated it and added ext4 on it plus installed some packages already (was a long way).
9 > 2. You should `shred` key.out instead of `rm`.
10 That key file was on RAM disk, not on real. ;)
11
12 Roland