From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dm-crypt + ext4 = where will the journal go?
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 20:46:35
1 Am 04.09.2012 21:40, schrieb "Roland Häder":
2 >> 1. Maybe it would be a good idea to use an ASCII-only random string, for
3 >> example by piping it through `base64 -w 0`. That way you don't loose any
4 >> entropy (the key just gets longer) but it is easier to type the keyfile
5 >> manually, in case you ever need to. You also don't have to worry about
6 >> odd behavior of password prompts anymore.
7 > I think that is now to late for? I have already formated it and added ext4 on it plus installed some packages already (was a long way).
10 Well, if you want, you can just change the pass phrase. Or even create
11 another one. LUKS supports multiple "key slots". Use `cryptsetup
12 luksAddKey` and friends.
13
14 Regards,
15 Florian Philipp