From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB printer and new cups
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 02:01:56
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 05/15/2010 04:01 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Just for reference, this is my USE flags:
4 >>
5 >> USE="X avahi dbus gnutls java jpeg ldap pam perl png ppds python ssl
6 >> tiff zeroconf
7 > > -acl -kerberos -php -samba -slp -static -xinetd"
8 >
9 > Good grief, Dale, you're almost stark nekkid! Where are all the rest
10 > of your useflags?
11 >
12 > Here is what I'm using:
13 >
14 > USE="32bit 3dnow 3dnowext 7zip X X509 Xaw3d a52 aac aalib adns alsa
15 > amr antlr
16 > applet ares aspell audio automount bash-completion binfilter brasero
17 > bzip2 c++ cairo cdda cdparanoia chappa cjk corefonts css cuda
18 > cupsddk
19 > custom-optimization dbus deprecated disk-partition divx dv dvd
20 > dvdnav ecc
21 > eds emacs encode epiphany exif faac faad fame fat fax ffmpeg
22 > firefox fpx
23 > ftp fts3 fuse gallium gcdmaster gcj gcrypt gdu gedit geoip gif gimp
24 > gimpprint git glib glibc-compat20 glitz glut gnome gnome-keyring
25 > gnome-print gnomecanvas gnomecd gnus gnutls gpgme gs gstreamer
26 > gtk guile
27 > hfs hpcups hpn hs16 hunspell imagemagick imap imlib inotify
28 > interpreter
29 > java java6 javascript jbig jce jpeg jpeg2k keyboard kqemu kvm lame
30 > libgcrypt libmms libssh2 libvisual linuxthreads-tls live logrotate
31 > long-double lzo mad mbox menu-plugin mime mimencode mjpeg mmx
32 > mmxext mng
33 > mozdevelop mozdom mp2 mp3 mp4 mp4live mpeg mpeg2 mplayer multislot
34 > nautilus netpbm network network-cron networking nfs nls nntp nocd
35 > nsplugin nspr nss ntfs ntlm numeric odbc ofx ogg opengl openssl
36 > pango
37 > passfile pcap pcre player playlist png pnm policykit pop
38 > poppler-data
39 > posix postproc pth qemu quicktime quotes rar real realmedia regex
40 > regexp
41 > rtc rtsp ru-dv ru-g ru-i ru-k samba scanner sdl sdl-image
42 > sendmail sftp
43 > sharedmem slang smime smp smtp sndfile sockets sqlite sqlite3 sse
44 > ssh ssl
45 > startup-notification subversion suidcheck svg swat sysfs sysvipc tcl
46 > tcpdump theora threads threadsafe thunderbird tiff tk tls totem
47 > truetype
48 > tta twolame type1 type3 ui usb utempter uudeview uuencode video
49 > vidix vnc
50 > vorbis wav win32codecs wma wmf wmp xanim xine xpm xrandr xsl xslt
51 > xulrunner xv xvid xvmc yv12 -acl -acpi -bluetooth -cdr -cdrtools
52 > -cracklib -dvdarchive -dvdr -fam -fortran -kde -ldap -mysql
53 > -qt3support
54 > -semantic-desktop -sql -x264"
55 >
56 > Hm. Glad you brought the subject up because I just noticed that I no
57 > longer
58 > need the ntfs useflag. I once had an MS Windows partition for those
59 > very rare
60 > occasions when I was forced to run a Windows application, but now I
61 > can use
62 > wine or VirtualBox to run any Windows software that my
63 > banker/broker/city/state/
64 > federal government may coerce me into using.
65 << SNIP >>
66
67 That's not the global USE flags, just the ones turned on for cups. I
68 ran emerge -vp cups and then copied the USE flags from that. This is my
69 global USE flags:
70
71 USE="3dnow X aac acpi alsa automount avahi berkdb bzip2 cairo cddb cdr
72 chroot cli clucene consolekit cracklib cups curl cxx dbus dri dvd dvdr
73 emboss encode esd exif fam fdftk flac fortran gdbm gif gimp gkrellm
74 gnutls gphoto2 gpm gtk hal hbci iconv ipv6 java javascript jbig jpeg
75 jpeg2k justify kde lcms ldap libnotify libwww logrotate loop-aes mad
76 mdnsresponder-compat mikmod mmx mng modules mp3 mp4 mpeg mplayer mudflap
77 mysql ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin offensive ofx ogg opengl openmp
78 pam pango parport pcre pdf perl png ppds ppp pppd python qt3 qt3support
79 qt4 readline reflection sasl sdl seamonkey semantic-desktop session
80 spell spl sse ssl startup-notification svg sysfs syslog tcl tcpd tiff tk
81 truetype unicode usb vorbis webkit win32codecs wma wmf x264 x86 xcb xml
82 xorg xv xvid yahoo zeroconf zlib"
83
84 I suspect that a lot of those are no longer valid tho. I need to clean
85 house on those. Any volunteers? lol I think one of the eix commands
86 will show the dead ones. I can't recall at the moment. Oh well.
87
88 Dale
89