From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: USB printer and new cups
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:37:55
1 On 05/15/2010 04:01 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Just for reference, this is my USE flags:
3 >
4 > USE="X avahi dbus gnutls java jpeg ldap pam perl png ppds python ssl tiff zeroconf
5 > -acl -kerberos -php -samba -slp -static -xinetd"
6
7 Good grief, Dale, you're almost stark nekkid! Where are all the rest of your useflags?
8
9 Here is what I'm using:
10
11 USE="32bit 3dnow 3dnowext 7zip X X509 Xaw3d a52 aac aalib adns alsa amr antlr
12 applet ares aspell audio automount bash-completion binfilter brasero
13 bzip2 c++ cairo cdda cdparanoia chappa cjk corefonts css cuda cupsddk
14 custom-optimization dbus deprecated disk-partition divx dv dvd dvdnav ecc
15 eds emacs encode epiphany exif faac faad fame fat fax ffmpeg firefox fpx
16 ftp fts3 fuse gallium gcdmaster gcj gcrypt gdu gedit geoip gif gimp
17 gimpprint git glib glibc-compat20 glitz glut gnome gnome-keyring
18 gnome-print gnomecanvas gnomecd gnus gnutls gpgme gs gstreamer gtk guile
19 hfs hpcups hpn hs16 hunspell imagemagick imap imlib inotify interpreter
20 java java6 javascript jbig jce jpeg jpeg2k keyboard kqemu kvm lame
21 libgcrypt libmms libssh2 libvisual linuxthreads-tls live logrotate
22 long-double lzo mad mbox menu-plugin mime mimencode mjpeg mmx mmxext mng
23 mozdevelop mozdom mp2 mp3 mp4 mp4live mpeg mpeg2 mplayer multislot
24 nautilus netpbm network network-cron networking nfs nls nntp nocd
25 nsplugin nspr nss ntfs ntlm numeric odbc ofx ogg opengl openssl pango
26 passfile pcap pcre player playlist png pnm policykit pop poppler-data
27 posix postproc pth qemu quicktime quotes rar real realmedia regex regexp
28 rtc rtsp ru-dv ru-g ru-i ru-k samba scanner sdl sdl-image sendmail sftp
29 sharedmem slang smime smp smtp sndfile sockets sqlite sqlite3 sse ssh ssl
30 startup-notification subversion suidcheck svg swat sysfs sysvipc tcl
31 tcpdump theora threads threadsafe thunderbird tiff tk tls totem truetype
32 tta twolame type1 type3 ui usb utempter uudeview uuencode video vidix vnc
33 vorbis wav win32codecs wma wmf wmp xanim xine xpm xrandr xsl xslt
34 xulrunner xv xvid xvmc yv12 -acl -acpi -bluetooth -cdr -cdrtools
35 -cracklib -dvdarchive -dvdr -fam -fortran -kde -ldap -mysql -qt3support
36 -semantic-desktop -sql -x264"
37
38 Hm. Glad you brought the subject up because I just noticed that I no longer
39 need the ntfs useflag. I once had an MS Windows partition for those very rare
40 occasions when I was forced to run a Windows application, but now I can use
41 wine or VirtualBox to run any Windows software that my banker/broker/city/state/
42 federal government may coerce me into using.
43
44 Alex: when I plug in my HP USB printer, I see this in dmesg:
45
46 usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
47 usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=03f0, idProduct=1617
48 usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
49 usb 2-2: Product: hp LaserJet 3015
50 usb 2-2: Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
51 usb 2-2: SerialNumber: 00CNBM369103
52 usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 2 if 0 alt 1 proto 2 vid 0x03F0 pid 0x1617
53 usbcore: registered new interface driver usblp
54
55 Do you see somethinhg different?