From: Andres Becerra Sandoval <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/asound.state
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:36:25
1 On 12/14/05, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > I have frozen bubble working on several systems, you know, for the kids.....
5 > Anyway, frozen-bubble dies on one portable. I found the problem. As I
6 > added alsasound to the default level and then ran,
7 > '/etc/init.d/alsasound start' I got this error message:
9 > * Restoring Mixer Levels ...
10 > * No mixer config in /etc/asound.state, you have to unmute your card!
11 >
12 > Well, sorry, but audio works fine on this portable.
13 >
14 > Sure enough, /etc/asound.state does not even exist on this system.
15 >
16 > Also, when I fire up frozen-bubble this way, instead us the
17 > KDE pull down menu, I get these results:
18 >
19 > SDL Init Graphics... Levels SDNCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT: Invalid argument
20 > Warning: Couldn't set audio fragment size
21 > Sound init
22 > Rady.
23 > Audio write: Invalid argument
24 >
25 > Note audio works with vlc, kaffeine and a variety of other applications
26 > on this portable. '/etc/groups' is just like the other systems where
27 > frozen works. I unmerged 'sdl-perl' and then emerged sdl-perl.....
28 >
29 > So how do I create the /etc/asound.state file?
30
31 AFAIK, If you run alsamixer and set the volume asound.state will be
32 created and saved for the next boot.
35 Andres
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list