From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /etc/asound.state
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:16:03
8 * Restoring Mixer Levels ...
9 * No mixer config in /etc/asound.state, you have to unmute your card!
10
11 Well, sorry, but audio works fine on this portable.
12
13 Sure enough, /etc/asound.state does not even exist on this system.
14
15 Also, when I fire up frozen-bubble this way, instead us the
16 KDE pull down menu, I get these results:
17
18 SDL Init Graphics... Levels SDNCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT: Invalid argument
19 Warning: Couldn't set audio fragment size
20 Sound init
21 Rady.
22 Audio write: Invalid argument
23
24 Note audio works with vlc, kaffeine and a variety of other applications
25 on this portable. '/etc/groups' is just like the other systems where
26 frozen works. I unmerged 'sdl-perl' and then emerged sdl-perl.....
27
28 So how do I create the /etc/asound.state file?
29
30 Any other ideas?
31
32 James