From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] to install portage on other gentoo installs
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:09:04
1 On 14 Feb 2014 12:46, "Edward M" <edwardm.gentoo.java@××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:11:44 +0100
4 > "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >
6 > > If you want to do NFS. Let us know.
7 > > It can be done easier then Alan makes out. But you then need to
8 > > ensure only your machines are connected to the network.
9 >
10 > That is so kind of you. when i have problems i will ask for help
11 > thank you.
14 > > In simple terms:
15 > > Configure NFS to allow every user from any machine (or network ip
16 > > range) has access to the files. The NFS server can be told to replace
17 > > any connecting user with a single user on the server.
18 > >
19 > > That is what I do. With a good firewall preventing non wired owned
20 > > machines to have any access.
21 >
22 > ipsec was mentioned i may need to use this. The nfs will be in my
23 > LAN. i think ipsec may be better just realized my cable modem
24 > has firewall built in will that interfere with ipsec?
25 > --
26 > Learing Linux with Gentoo to earn LPIC1.
29 ipset! = ipsec